US: William Grant & Sons appoints brand ambassador
William Grant & Sons US has appointed Sam Simmons as the "first-ever" Balvenie brand ambassador.
Simmons, who has spent the past six years in the UK hosting whisky tasting events and serving on Scotch judging panels in the industry, has gained global recognition under the name Dr Whisky with an online whisky blog of tasting notes and whisky history, the independent family distiller said today (2 July).
"Sam's vast knowledge and immense passion for Scotch whisky makes him a great asset to William Grant," said Lynn Raynault, marketing manager for The Balvenie. "His respect for craftsmanship and maintaining the integrity of 115 years of whisky traditions make him an ideal representative of The Balvenie."
Prior to joining William Grant, Simmons served as the first society ambassador of the Scotch Malt Whisky Society, and hosted whisky history and distillery tours throughout England and Scotland. He has also sat on the judging panels of the World Whisky Awards as well as the International Wine and Spirits Competition.
Simmons will be based at the company's US headquarters in New York.
Pernod Ricard's unexpected move for Absolut in March set the tone for a year in which Diageo eschewed any significant acquisitions in favour of joint deals with existing brand owners. Olly Wehring rev...
Scotch whisky producers remain optimistic as the spreading economic flu bug sees the industry facing its first rocky period for several years....
Brown spirits, led by whisky, are making a comeback in the US market, according to new research....
Central European Distribution Organisation, the wine and spirits group, has said it has signed a deal to refinance its short-term debt, enabling it to continue investing in key growth markets....
Diageo has recruited Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton alongside rival Mika Häkkinen for anti-drink drive campaign in the UK....
Diageo Great Britain has reported strong growth in off-trade wine & spirits volumes in the countdown to Christmas....
Diageo has lined up a brace of television adverts in the US for its Crown Royal Canadian blended whisky brand....
Russian Standard Vodka has signed a partnership deal with French distribution company Lixir....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends