US: William Grant sells Colombo to Total Beverage Solution
William Grant & Sons has sold off one of its wine brands to Total Beverage Solution.
The family-owned company confirmed the sale of Italian wine brand Colombo to TBS yesterday (4 January). The divestment marks the fifth wine brand that William Grant has sold to TBS in the last two years.
Financial details behind the transaction were not disclosed.
The company said it sold the brand in order to continue to "strengthen its focus on its portfolio of super premium spirits".
"Our mission is to become the most coveted portfolio of super premium spirits brands in the world," said Simon Hunt, president and managing director of North America for William Grant.
"Colombo is an exceptional wine brand and we are very proud of all we've accomplished with it, however, with our focus on spirits brands, Colombo is no longer a fit for our portfolio."
Colombo is the largest imported wine from the Marsala DOC in Italy to the US.
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research