UK: William Grant readies Balvenie travel retail variant
William Grant & Sons has lined up the launch of a travel retail exclusive variant of its The Balvenie Scotch whisky brand.
The Balvenie GoldenCask 14 Year Old will be available in travel retail worldwide from February at a recommended retail price of GBP40 (US$58.75), the company said late last week. The single malt was matured first in oak whisky casks before spending a final period of maturation in casks previously containing golden Caribbean rum.
The variant was first shown to travel retail buyers at last year's TFWA World Exhibition in Cannes. "The reception was 100% positive throughout the week," said Rita Greenwood, William Grant's global travel retail director. "Despite economic uncertainty, the industry clearly continues to believe that the future lies in offering travellers something special."
Packaged in The Balvenie tube, with an ABV of 47.5%, the launch will be backed by experiential promotions and tastings in airports.
Already battling the recession, those attending next week’s Tax Free World Association (TFWA) Asia Pacific Exhibition are nervously watching developments in the swine flu outbreak, remembering the adv...
There are circumstances when tradition and heritage are to be cherished and there are others when both can hang like dead weights around your neck....
Pernod Ricard has said that it expects like-for-like sales to be broadly flat for its fiscal full-year, but operating profits will hit guidance thanks to lower advertising spend....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The EU and South Korea have reached a deal in talks to establish a Free Trade Agreement, which is set to benefit Scotch whisky exports to Korea....
Pernod Ricard has lined up two packaging updates for its Chivas Regal Scotch whisky brand for the holiday season in the US....
Pernod Ricard will issue its full-year trading statement at the end of this week, with sales thought to have remained under pressure in the fourth quarter....
Ian Macleod Distillers has reported a 53% rise in pre-tax profits for its most recent fiscal year....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India