TRAVEL RETAIL: William Grant poaches Maxxium UK exec for GTR
William Grant is focussing on its relationship with Heinemann in the travel retail channel
The UK-based spirits company said earlier today (5 October) Ian Waddington has been recruited as the business development manager for Germany and Eastern Europe in its Global Travel Retail team. The position has been newly created, a spokesperson for William Grant told just-drinks.
Previously the senior national account manager with responsibility for ASDA/Walmart at Maxxium UK, Waddington will focus on “further developing the relationship” with Heinemann Duty Free, which operates stores at 24 European airports, including Berlin Tegel and Schoenefeld, Frankfurt, Oslo and Vienna.
Last week, William Grant teamed with Heinemann to launch a 12-year-old expression of the Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey brand exclusive to Heinemann's outlets.
What do Bacardi, Diageo and Pernod Ricard have in common? Aside from the obvious, Ian Buxton proffers that they share the same problem when it comes to Bourbon, and that's their lack of it....
While there has been huge focus in the spirits sector on emerging markets in recent years, a new report from Euromonitor International suggests prioritising development in these up-and-coming regions ...
Beam Inc is lining up the first national television advert in the UK for its Jim Beam Bourbon brand....
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research