TRAVEL RETAIL: William Grant poaches Maxxium UK exec for GTR
William Grant is focussing on its relationship with Heinemann in the travel retail channel
The UK-based spirits company said earlier today (5 October) Ian Waddington has been recruited as the business development manager for Germany and Eastern Europe in its Global Travel Retail team. The position has been newly created, a spokesperson for William Grant told just-drinks.
Previously the senior national account manager with responsibility for ASDA/Walmart at Maxxium UK, Waddington will focus on “further developing the relationship” with Heinemann Duty Free, which operates stores at 24 European airports, including Berlin Tegel and Schoenefeld, Frankfurt, Oslo and Vienna.
Last week, William Grant teamed with Heinemann to launch a 12-year-old expression of the Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey brand exclusive to Heinemann's outlets.
What do Bacardi, Diageo and Pernod Ricard have in common? Aside from the obvious, Ian Buxton proffers that they share the same problem when it comes to Bourbon, and that's their lack of it....
This is the second edition of our popular ranking of the world's leading spirits brands....
While there has been huge focus in the spirits sector on emerging markets in recent years, a new report from Euromonitor International suggests prioritising development in these up-and-coming regions ...
Beam Inc is lining up the first national television advert in the UK for its Jim Beam Bourbon brand....
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Will Diageo seize the day as "nadir" reached?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Remy Cointreau names liqueurs & spirits CEO