TRAVEL RETAIL: William Grant poaches Maxxium UK exec for GTR
William Grant is focussing on its relationship with Heinemann in the travel retail channel
The UK-based spirits company said earlier today (5 October) Ian Waddington has been recruited as the business development manager for Germany and Eastern Europe in its Global Travel Retail team. The position has been newly created, a spokesperson for William Grant told just-drinks.
Previously the senior national account manager with responsibility for ASDA/Walmart at Maxxium UK, Waddington will focus on “further developing the relationship” with Heinemann Duty Free, which operates stores at 24 European airports, including Berlin Tegel and Schoenefeld, Frankfurt, Oslo and Vienna.
Last week, William Grant teamed with Heinemann to launch a 12-year-old expression of the Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey brand exclusive to Heinemann's outlets.
What do Bacardi, Diageo and Pernod Ricard have in common? Aside from the obvious, Ian Buxton proffers that they share the same problem when it comes to Bourbon, and that's their lack of it....
While there has been huge focus in the spirits sector on emerging markets in recent years, a new report from Euromonitor International suggests prioritising development in these up-and-coming regions ...
Beam Inc is lining up the first national television advert in the UK for its Jim Beam Bourbon brand....
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- Beam Suntory to roll out "Scotch-infused" Bourbon
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review