UK: William Grant appoints global brand ambassador
William Grant & Sons has appointed Ludovic Ducrocq to the newly-created position of global ambassador for its Grant's blended Scotch whisky in the UK.
Formerly a member of the distiller's product development tasting panel, Ducrocq joined the company in 2002 as a guide at the group's Dufftown distillery in Speyside, the company said today (20 October).
In his role, Ducrocq will travel to the Americas, Russia, China and Southern Europe in a bid to build the Grant's whiskey profile.
Ducrocq's appointment follows last year's brand re-launch, which re-packaged the 110-year-old blend and kicked off a GBP35m investment package.
During the summer, William Grant took on a former member of Pernod Ricard's Stolichnaya Brand Organisation to become commercial director for the brand.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends