UK: William Grant acquires Polstar Vodka
The independent family-owned distillers William Grant & Sons has acquired the Icelandic vodka brand Pölstar Vodka from The Reformed Spirits Company Ltd for an undisclosed price. The move by William Grant is part of an ongoing diversification of its traditional Scotch portfolio. In october it acquired three rum brands, Old Vatted Demerara, Wood's 100 Old Navy and Vat 19, from Diageo and Pernod Ricard, who acquired the brands when they jointly acquired the Seagram drink business.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends