US: Will water products wash with younger audience?
Children's product manufacturer Kids Only is attempting to make drinking water cool for kids with the introduction of a themed range of water products.
The bottled range, called Kids Only Bottled Water, is labelled with characters including Scooby-Doo, Bratz, Superman and Spiderman.
The drinking water range is aimed to replace to soft drinks and sweetened juices, lower children's calorie intake and combat childhood obesity.
Kids Only president Ron Cohen said: "Our goal is to not only help parents encourage their kids to drink more water, but also to help kids start to make healthy choices. Kids Only Bottled Water lets kids enjoy their drink choice by connecting with their favourite characters, so they will be more apt to choose that healthy drink again in the future."
Kids Only Bottled Water will be available from August, with a 6-pack of 8 oz bottles costing US$3.79, and a 6-pack of 16 oz bottles retailing at US$3.99.
The bottled water industry has come in for stern criticism from environmentalists, but Annette Farr argues that it is an innovative industry contributing to people leading healthier lifestyles, and ce...
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"