US: Will water products wash with younger audience?
Children's product manufacturer Kids Only is attempting to make drinking water cool for kids with the introduction of a themed range of water products.
The bottled range, called Kids Only Bottled Water, is labelled with characters including Scooby-Doo, Bratz, Superman and Spiderman.
The drinking water range is aimed to replace to soft drinks and sweetened juices, lower children's calorie intake and combat childhood obesity.
Kids Only president Ron Cohen said: "Our goal is to not only help parents encourage their kids to drink more water, but also to help kids start to make healthy choices. Kids Only Bottled Water lets kids enjoy their drink choice by connecting with their favourite characters, so they will be more apt to choose that healthy drink again in the future."
Kids Only Bottled Water will be available from August, with a 6-pack of 8 oz bottles costing US$3.79, and a 6-pack of 16 oz bottles retailing at US$3.99.
The bottled water industry has come in for stern criticism from environmentalists, but Annette Farr argues that it is an innovative industry contributing to people leading healthier lifestyles, and ce...
- CCA - Coca-Cola's Canary in the Mine
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q1
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push
- Champagne will not regain lost ground until 2018
- Cognac FY sales slide as China troubles bite