AUSTRALIA: Will Red Bull rage at latest Oz energy drink?
Two months after its successful UK launch, Australia's leading energy drink V is to be pushed into Ireland with a £500,000 campaign targeting the young and trendy looking for that afternoon pick me up.New Zealand based Frucor Beverages Group won't be battling head on with current market leader Red Bull which concentrate on pubs and clubs, but will instead target wholesalers and convenience stores focusing on the under developed daytime drinker looking for an afternoon pick me up. Austrian-based Red Bull currently enjoys about 80% of the Irish energy drinks market, but Frucor believe the Irish energy drinks market is worth about $99m and is hoping in 12 months to have 40% if not more. V spokesperson David Bright said: "V is selling out everywhere in the UK and is proving to be very popular and from initial reaction we can see it doing even better in Ireland." Bright described V as: "a stand alone product and not a mixer. It isn't to be associated with alcohol V is more for the young professional living a stressful life looking for a pick me up in the afternoon rather than a boost for the evening. According to reports Frucor plan to distribute its V brand in up to 25 countries over the next five years and its international sales are expected to reach 33% of total sales next year.V will be available at selected convenience and wholesalers at £1.24.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research