UK: Will Interbrew Be Forced to Lose Two Prime Real Ale Brands?
Sources close to the deal believe two prime real ale brands are poised for the chop; Wadsworth 6x and Flowers. With considerable brand equity invested in Flowers, and a long-standing licence agreement with Wadsworth, it is highly likely Interbrew will be looking for a buyer for Flowers rather than killing production.
No spokesperson from the company was available for comment today but further announcements are expected imminently.
just-drinks.com will be investigating the story further -- watch the site for details: http://just-drinks.com
just-drinks is the premier online portal for beverage industry professionals worldwide. Targeted specifically at industry and business professionals the site provides a single point of reference for independent beverage industry information. Editorial is led by Elliot Lane -- the site's Managing Editor.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Corby's FY suffers from US focus
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research