US: Wilkinson takes charges of global communications at PepsiCo
Jim Wilkinson is PepsiCo's new global communications head
PepsiCo has announced that Jim Wilkinson, a former chief of staff for the US treasury secretary, will take over as executive VP of communications.
Wilkinson, who was Henry Paulson's senior strategist and counsellor at the White House, will lead the company's global communications team, Pepsico said yesterday (18 April). He fills a position vacated by Julie Hamp, who left the company earlier this year. Hamp assumed the position in late-2007.
Since 2009, Wilkinson has been a managing partner at PR firm Brunswick Group.
“Jim is a focused and proven leader with ... experience in international, corporate and financial strategic communications,” said PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi. “Jim has worked at the highest levels of corporations and other institutions managing complex global communications initiatives and building effective international teams.”
Before working for Paulson, Wilkinson served as senior advisor to US secretary of state Condoleezza Rice and as deputy national security advisor for communications with Rice. From 2002 to 2003, Wilkinson was director of strategic communications for General Tommy Franks at US Central Command, and from 2000 to 2001 served in the White House as deputy director of communications.
In 2011, global soft drinks sales reached 609bn litres, up by 4% over the previous year and continuing a steady upwards trend. At the same time, global consumption continues to evolve, both in terms o...
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015