US: Wilkinson takes charges of global communications at PepsiCo
Jim Wilkinson is PepsiCo's new global communications head
PepsiCo has announced that Jim Wilkinson, a former chief of staff for the US treasury secretary, will take over as executive VP of communications.
Wilkinson, who was Henry Paulson's senior strategist and counsellor at the White House, will lead the company's global communications team, Pepsico said yesterday (18 April). He fills a position vacated by Julie Hamp, who left the company earlier this year. Hamp assumed the position in late-2007.
Since 2009, Wilkinson has been a managing partner at PR firm Brunswick Group.
“Jim is a focused and proven leader with ... experience in international, corporate and financial strategic communications,” said PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi. “Jim has worked at the highest levels of corporations and other institutions managing complex global communications initiatives and building effective international teams.”
Before working for Paulson, Wilkinson served as senior advisor to US secretary of state Condoleezza Rice and as deputy national security advisor for communications with Rice. From 2002 to 2003, Wilkinson was director of strategic communications for General Tommy Franks at US Central Command, and from 2000 to 2001 served in the White House as deputy director of communications.
In 2011, global soft drinks sales reached 609bn litres, up by 4% over the previous year and continuing a steady upwards trend. At the same time, global consumption continues to evolve, both in terms o...
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research