CANADA: Wild Rose Brewery appoints former Big Rock president as new CEO
Wild Rose Brewery is building new facilities in Calgary
Canadian craft beer maker Wild Rose Brewery has appointed a new CEO as it prepares to expand its brewing facilities.
Former Big Rock Brewery president Bill McKenzie, who resigned from the group in March, takes over from Jamie Vadori, who has left to pursue online marketing interests, McKenzie told just-drinks late yesterday (20 September). Vadori was CEO at the Calgary brewer for two years.
“It'll be fun working with a company with such a rich history within the Alberta marketplace,” McKenzie said. “This definitely is a company positioned for a very long and positive future.”
Wild Rose Brewery is expanding its Calgary facilities from its Currie Barracks headquarters to additional space in the south-east of the city, due for completion next year. The expansion will allow the brewery to continue serving its current market and accommodate increasing demand while building a larger marketing footprint, the company said.
McKenzie resigned from Big Rock Brewery after steering the company back into the black and increasing sales volumes to the highest in its history.
Heineken last week announced plans to build a 1.5m-litre capacity brewery in Ethiopia, which, with the second-largest population in Africa, is a major focus for international brewers....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review