Product Launch - TRAVEL RETAIL: Whyte & Mackay's The Dalmore Valour
Click through to view Whyte & Mackay's The Dalmore Valour
Whyte & Mackay's The Dalmore Valour
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, Jura, single malt, no age statement, 40% abv
Available - From this month
Location - Travel retail, initially in Qatar Duty Free
Price - US$72 per 70cl bottle
Distribution - Whyte & Mackay
Whyte & Mackay is looking to leverage the position of its The Dalmore Scotch whisky brand in the travel retail channel through the release of a new expression. The Dalmore Valour is matured in first-fill ex-Bourbon casks and 30-year-old Matusalem Oloroso Sherry butts. It is finally “finessed” in Port Pipes from Portugal.
The expression will initially be available in Qatar this month, before rolling out to other travel retail markets including the UK, Europe and the US.
Last year, Whyte & Mackay updated the packaging across The Dalmore portfolio.
The Dalmore distillery has launched a new expression, The Dalmore Valour, for sale exclusively in travel retail.
The spirit is named after the Clan Mackenzie’s act of bravery in 1263 when an ancestor of the Mackenzie Clan bravely saved King Alexander III from a charging stag. The grateful King granted the Mackenzies with a ‘Royal’ 12-pointer stag in their coat of arms. The Dalmore distillery was long owned by The Mackenzie family and every bottle of The Dalmore single malt whisky is adorned with this proud emblem, symbolising the distillery’s royal pedigree.
A unique blend of three different cask finishes, The Dalmore Valour is matured initially in first fill ex-Bourbon casks from Boston and Clermont, USA and 30 year old Matusalem oloroso sherry butts from Gonzales Byass, Jerez de la Frontera in Spain. The spirit is then finessed in Port Pipes from Duoro Region, Portugal to create a truly unique Dalmore expression.
Launching with a high profile promotional display in Qatar Duty Free in March 2013, The Dalmore Valour and will be rolled out through travel retail outlets over the course of 2013, priced at £50, €55 or $72.
The Dalmore master distiller, Richard Paterson, said: “With a distinctive aroma consisting of scents of ripe plums, creamy caramel and citrus fruits on the nose and a wonderful palate that consists of oranges, pineapple and chocolate fudge, Valour is truly an exceptional malt.
Named in honour of the Dalmore’s Mackenzie heritage, travel retail shoppers will be the first and only people to savour this latest Dalmore legend.”
Travel retail director, Francesco Scaglione, added: "The Dalmore brand has had a stellar year in travel retail and we are proud to say that it is now the fastest growing malt in the channel. This year, we will build on that momentum and continue to work closely with our partners to create innovative products and displays – the first of which is our new Dalmore Valour exclusive.”
Original source: Company release
Voli, the low-calorie, flavoured vodka producer, has poached a senior Whyte & Mackay executive to lead the company. ...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report