Product Launch – GLOBAL: Whyte & Mackay's The Dalmore - Sirius
Whyte & Mackay's The Dalmore - Sirius
Category - Spirits, Scotch whisky, 1951-vintage, single malt, 45% abv
Available - From 5 October
Location - Only 12 decanters have been produced. Sirius will be available to private buyers and through a limited network of World Duty Free (WDF) stores
Price - GBP10,000 (US$15,895) per bottle
Distribution - The Dalmore and World Duty Free
"The international market for high-end luxury products which have an investment value is buoyant - and the finest whiskies are playing an increasingly dominant role in this sector," said The Dalmore's brand director, David Robertson.
"Our partnership with World Duty Free allows us to reach an elite group of investors and whisky aficionados across the globe. We will be focusing on key target markets in Taiwan, the US and France."
Sirius will be launched in the flagship WDF store at Heathrow Terminal 5.
Scottish brewer Innis & Gunn is planning to expand in the US after reporting strong sales for its beer both in the UK and abroad in 2009....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Diageo is to launch an Easter marketing campaign around its spirits portfolio in the UK....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads
- Belvedere unveils executive team