UK: Whyte & Mackay's FY profits up 24%
- FY pre-tax profits up by 24% to GBP15.4m (US$25.1m)
- Net sales increase by 33.5% to GBP229.8m
- EBITDA margin down from 26% to 22%
Whyte & Mackay found growth in the year to the end of March
Whyte & Mackay has seen big jumps in full-year pre-tax profits and sales.
Pre-tax profits for the year to the end of March rose by 24% to GBP15.4m (US$25.1m), according to Companies House accounts, obtained by The Herald newspaper and confirmed to just-drinks by Whyte & Mackay today (19 December). Sales leapt by 33.5% year-on-year to GBP229.8m in the same period.
The United Spirits-owned company saw EBITDA margin fall from 26% last year to 22%, while costs increased by GBP2m because of property leasing expenses.
The performance is a marked impreovement on last year, when Whyte & Mackay reported a 51% drop in operating profits to GBP21.7m.
Speculation over Whyte & Mackay's future has mounted lately following Diageo's agreement last month to take a 53.4% stake in United Spirits. Analysts Nomura said a sell-off was likely with Gruppo Campari a possible buyer.
When contacted by just-drinks, Whyte & Mackay declined to comment on the results.
Alcoholic Drinks in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future