Product Launch - UK: Whyte & Mackay's Cockspur Spiced Rum
Click through to view Whyte & Mackay's Cockspur Spiced Rum
Whyte & Mackay's Cockspur Spiced Rum
Category - Spirits, rum, West Indies, spiced, 22% abv
Available - This month
Location - UK, nation-wide, off-trade
Price - SRP GBP10 (US$15.56) per 50cl bottle
Distribution - Whyte & Mackay
Whyte & Mackay has launched Cockspur Spiced into the UK market.
The company, which distributes the brand for West Indies Rum Distillery, said the release was Cockspur's first new variant in the UK as consumer demand for golden and spiced rums continues to grow and demand for lower abv products increase.
Consumers want products that are accessible, available at a good price point and have a lower risk of purchase than their 70cl counterparts, the company said in a statement. The launch will be backed by in-store POS material.
Cockspur is the official rum of the West Indies cricket team tour of England 2012, the company announced in March.
Of course, we all knew it was going to happen. Didn't we? Since almost exactly four years ago, when United Spirits and Diageo confirmed that they were discussing a partnership in India, it was alwa...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review