UK: Whyte & Mackay to support darts competition
Whyte & Mackay is investing GBP2m (US$2.9m) into a marketing campaign to support Premier League Darts in the UK.
The Whyte & Mackay Premier League kicks off in Liverpool on 5 February, also marking the start of the whisky company's 'Get In' campaign, which will include a 15-week national TV advertising campaign on Sky Sports, activity with national newspapers and a trade promotion.
"Our first year of sponsorship generated huge brand awareness allowing us to grow our 18-34-year-old drinker base by a staggering 83% and our volume by 50%," said Nick Gaskin, Whyte & Mackay UK marketing director.
"This year will be even bigger as the demand for the largest indoor sports event continues to grow. The 'Get In' marketing campaign will help drive trade into pubs and retailers throughout the country on a Thursday night as a younger audience look to tune in to the live coverage or pick up the arrows in bar."
The promotion will also offer the opportunity to win a trip to the Wembley final of the competition.
Whyte & Mackay is owned by Vijay Mallya's UB Group.
There are circumstances when tradition and heritage are to be cherished and there are others when both can hang like dead weights around your neck....
Diageo has welcomed the acquisition of a 1% stake in the company by one of China's largest state-controlled investment groups....
Burn Stewart Distillers has almost doubled its full-year pre-tax profits, boosted by success of the company's Scottish Leader whisky brand in Taiwan and South Africa....
Kilchoman Distillery has lined up the launch of its inaugural single malt Scotch whisky for later this year....
Diageo CEO Paul Walsh has pledged that the drinks group will consider alternatives to its planned job cuts in Scotland, following a meeting with Scotland's first minister, Alex Salmond....
Scotland first minister Alex Salmond was due to meet Diageo CEO Paul Walsh today (22 July) over the drinks firm's proposed job cuts in the country....
Whisky distiller William Grant & Sons believe there is still a "huge" opportunity for online sales across its portfolio of brands in the UK....
Drinks giant Diageo last week held a meeting with the Scottish MP for Moray to discuss plans for a regeneration of the home of malt whisky....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends