UK: Whyte & Mackay to sponsor UK Boat Show
Whyte & Mackay has confirmed it will headline sponsor this year's Earls Court Boat show in London.
The company said today (30 August) that the Whyte & Mackay Earls Court Boat Show, held from 1 to 9 December, is expected to attract in excess of 222,000 visitors.
The sponsorship will offer the company extensive branding presence, hospitality and pouring rights for all its brands, including Whyte & Mackay, Jura, Dalmore, Vladivar and Glayva as well as outdoor and national press advertising promoting the event.
Whyte & Mackay will also hold a competition in both the on- and off-trade, as well as national press, offering consumers the opportunity to win prizes such as a water sports holiday in the Maldives, VIP weekends in London or tickets to the boat show.
Whyte & Mackay UK customer marketing director Nick Gaskin said: "Sailing is a highly aspirational sport that is adored world-wide and our sponsorship of the Whyte & Mackay Earls Court Boat Show ensures we can reach out to this audience, as well as the wider public audience who visit the show for its entertainment value."
The Scotch distiller, which was acquired by India's UB Group earlier this year, recently reported that pre-tax losses for the year to the end of last September came in at around GBP2.2m (US$4.5m), an improvement on a loss of GBP3.4m in the corresponding period a year earlier.
Sales for the 12-month period came in just under GBP161m, compared to GBP149m in 2004-2005. Operating profits, meanwhile, were up to GBP13.1m against GBP11.6m a year earlier.
There may be many facets to a winning marketing mix, but a strong brand name that captures the consumer's imagination is clearly fundamental. Patience Gould looks at some notable hits and misses to ge...
Last week's announcement that Scottish & Newcastle (S&N) had finally agreed to recommend Carlsberg and Heineken's joint GBP7.8bn (US$15.5bn) takeover offer signalled the latest and possibly final chap...
UB Group subsidiary United Spirits launched Dalmore and Jura single malt brands and the Whyte & Mackay range of blended Scotch whisky last Thursday (24 January) in New Delhi, with plans to introduce t...
United Spirits has posted a plunge in net profit for its third quarter....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)