UK: Whyte & Mackay takes on Pinky in UK
UB Group announced this week that it had acquired a controlling stake in Pinky, which is produced in Sweden by a group of wine tasters.
"We are delighted to have added such an exquisite brand to our portfolio," said Rosslynn Law, Whyte & Mackay's UK brands integration director. "It's not everyday that you are able to bring in a super-premium vodka, especially as one as unique and special as Pinky."
Strong beers may offer brewers significant growth potential but their perception as a cheap way of consuming alcohol puts them directly in the regulatory sights of governments looking to tackle excess...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included stories from Beam Global, The UB Group, LVMH, Danone SABMiller and Heineken....
The head of India's UB Group has warned that the ongoing struggle against higher taxes on imported spirits into the country cannot be resolved through the World Trade Organisation....
The head of India's largest spirits company has played down reports of a rift between the country and the Scotch whisky industry....
This year's World Whiskies Conference kicked off today (15 April) with the double header of Diageo CEO and SWA chairman Paul Walsh and Vijay Mallya, chairman of India's UB Group. As was expected it wa...
United Spirits is contemplating a move into the energy drink sector in an effort to boost vodka sales, according to reports....
United Spirits and Bacardi have both denied press speculation that they are in talks over Bacardi buying a stake in the Indian spirits company....
Sweden's largest private wine and spirits importer Fondberg & Co. has set up a new Nordic travel-retail division....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer