UK: Whyte & Mackay pulls Scottish football sponsorship
Whyte & Mackay is to exit its sponsorship of Scottish Premier League football team Hibernian FC.
The Scotland-based company, which is owned by India's UB Group, confirmed today (25 March) that its shirt sponsorship of the football team will come to an end after the 2008/2009 season, completing the five-year, GBP1m (US$1.5m) deal signed in 2004.
"Whyte & Mackay has had five excellent years working with Hibernian FC as the sponsorship proved effective in driving the brand performance throughout Scotland," said Whyte & Mackay's UK marketing director, Nick Gaskin.
"As Whyte & Mackay continues to perform strongly across the UK, ... our investment in sponsorship will now focus on the Whyte & Mackay Premier League Darts.
"We are also looking at other properties that will help us to build our brand on both a national and an international scale."
The company will be replaced by McEwan Fraser as the official sponsor of the club.
Yesterday (27 August), Diageo reported its full-year results. Although the company managed to hit its full-year guidance, the group's warning that this year will be tough suggests that Diageo has its ...
The last few weeks has seen a large number of companies report their interim results, an opportunity to see whether the performance across a wide range of drinks companies from around the world suppor...
Whyte & Mackay, the Scotch whisky group owned by India's United Spirits, may cut its deal to supply bulk Scotch whisky to Diageo in favour of more lucrative contracts with smaller distillers....
Whyte & Mackay is offering consumers the chance to have a Scotch whisky distilled to their personal tastes....
The long-running discussions between the world's largest spirits maker, Diageo, and India's United Spirits over a possible stake purchase collapsed this week. Michelle Russell examines the fallout....
The long-running discussions between Diageo and United Spirits over a possible stake purchase have collapsed, with Diageo walking away from the table....
On Thursday (27 August), Diageo will announce its full-year results. Back in May, the drinks giant posted a slip in sales for the third quarter, but reiterated its forecast of operating profits growth...
United Spirits, the Indian spirits giant owned by billionaire Vijay Mallya, is closing on a deal to raise fresh finance from outside investors as part of the firm's deleveraging plan, just-drinks unde...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research