UK: Whyte & Mackay names travel retail head
Whyte & Mackay has poached the chief liquor buyer of BAA's retail arm World Duty Free to run its travel retail division.
James Prescott has been World Duty Free head of liquor and tax-free since 1999. He joins the Glasgow-based firm in October, replacing long-serving director travel retail Andy Lane, who left the company earlier this month.
Whyte & Mackay's best-selling duty-free brands include the eponymous Whyte & Mackay Scotch whisky, single malts Isle of Jura and The Dalmore, and Glayva liqueur.
A top Whyte & Mackay executive has insisted it is "business as usual" at the UB Group takeover target after the UK distiller announced a distribution deal for the US....
India's UB Group has embarked on the due diligence of long-time quarry Whyte & Mackay, just-drinks understands....
The European duty-free industry wants the European Commission to press the Australian government to abandon planned new air security rules that will effectively block drinks sales to Australia-bound p...
US importer Gemini Spirits & Wine has announced a distribution deal for the whisky portfolio of UK distiller Whyte & Mackay....
Vivian Imerman, chairman and chief executive at UK distiller Whyte & Mackay, has quashed reports that he has agreed a deal to sell the company to India's UB Group. Imerman issued a robust statement af...
The Patrón Spirits Company has struck a key duty-free deal with a listing at World Duty Free stores at the UK's largest airports....
Furious MEPs have attacked widespread confiscations at European Union (EU) airports of duty free alcohol from transit passengers, claiming they are damaging duty-free retailers. The confiscations are ...
An Italian fruit juice concentrate importer has lost its legal appeal against a EUR2.6m (US$3.4m) fine for allegedly not paying import duties....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends