Exclusive - UK: Whyte & Mackay CEO departs
Whyte & Mackay confirmed the departure of John Beard to just-drinks today
Whyte & Mackay's CEO has left the company, just-drinks can exclusively reveal.
John Beard has “left the business”, a spokesperson for the Scotch whisky producer confirmed earlier today (8 August). The company declined to comment further on the matter, and no-one was available at Whyte & Mackay when contacted by just-drinks this morning.
Beard joined Whyte & Mackay in early-2009. He had previously been CEO of Bacardi and Brown-Forman's sales and marketing JV in the UK, from late-2005 to July 2008.
Beard leaves Whyte & Mackay as he joined it; with the company's ownership in some confusion. In March 2009, reports suggested that Whyte & Mackay's parent company, The UB Group's United Spirits (USL), was considering selling off the division in its entirety.
While no such divestment came to fruition, since Diageo's purchase of a major stake in USL earlier this year, the UK's Office of Fair Trading has begun an investigation into what effect the transaction could have on the UK spirits market.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
With recent claims that China has become the world's biggest consumer of red wine, Chris Losh considers what wine producers can learn from the current travails facing international spirits companies i...
Bacardi’s position as the world’s 12th biggest wine company by volume is based almost entirely on its Martini vermouth and other sparkling wine brand variants. With these products focused in the matur...
Well, it appears that BrewDog's addiction to controversy is alive and (un)well. But, at least, the UK company's latest move has a more valid - albeit slightly bigger and more frightening - target in i...
The flavoured vodka category has been a growth engine of the spirits sector for some time, but new research from just-drinks suggests that the sub-category no longer represents the easy route to growt...
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Sustainability in Drinks - Sugar: A Shared Priorit
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- Brown-Forman looks to raise US$500m
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beer, 2014 and the future