Exclusive - UK: Whyte & Mackay CEO departs
Whyte & Mackay confirmed the departure of John Beard to just-drinks today
Whyte & Mackay's CEO has left the company, just-drinks can exclusively reveal.
John Beard has “left the business”, a spokesperson for the Scotch whisky producer confirmed earlier today (8 August). The company declined to comment further on the matter, and no-one was available at Whyte & Mackay when contacted by just-drinks this morning.
Beard joined Whyte & Mackay in early-2009. He had previously been CEO of Bacardi and Brown-Forman's sales and marketing JV in the UK, from late-2005 to July 2008.
Beard leaves Whyte & Mackay as he joined it; with the company's ownership in some confusion. In March 2009, reports suggested that Whyte & Mackay's parent company, The UB Group's United Spirits (USL), was considering selling off the division in its entirety.
While no such divestment came to fruition, since Diageo's purchase of a major stake in USL earlier this year, the UK's Office of Fair Trading has begun an investigation into what effect the transaction could have on the UK spirits market.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
With recent claims that China has become the world's biggest consumer of red wine, Chris Losh considers what wine producers can learn from the current travails facing international spirits companies i...
Well, it appears that BrewDog's addiction to controversy is alive and (un)well. But, at least, the UK company's latest move has a more valid - albeit slightly bigger and more frightening - target in i...
The flavoured vodka category has been a growth engine of the spirits sector for some time, but new research from just-drinks suggests that the sub-category no longer represents the easy route to growt...
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Pay freeze anger threatens Carlsberg UK site
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research