UK: Whyte & Mackay appoints off-trade sales director
Whyte & Mackay has appointed John Bradbury as the new off-trade sales director, in a move to further strengthen its in-house sales team.
Bradbury will replace Simon Oldham who moves into the UK managing director role.
With ten years of previous experience with Anheuser-Busch, Bradbury worked in several roles before becoming director of sales for the UK off-trade.
Simon Oldham, UK MD of Whyte & Mackay said: "We are delighted to have John on board as not only does he have a fantastic record in implementing and delivering strategies but he is in-tune with what the customer wants which will make him instrumental in the development of our trade marketing plans."
Earlier this month, United Spirits, which acquired Whyte & Mackay last year, said it was looking to launch a locally produced version of Whyte & Mackay whisky in India later this year. The subsidiary of UB Group confirmed the plans, but was unable to give specific dates and details.
Per capita beer consumption in the US last year rose slightly, returning to the same level as 2002, according to recent research....
Coca-Cola has said that it remains hopeful that its US$2.4bn takeover offer Huiyuan Juice Group will be cleared by Chinese authorities before the end of March 2009....
Anheuser-Busch is launching the second wave of a US$50m advertising campaign for its Bud Light brand in the US....
Anheuser-Busch's stake in a brewer in China would appear to be one of the more likely divestments following the US company's sale to InBev last week, according to an analyst....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has lined up a rights issue to help fund the newly-named company's recent acquisition of Anheuser-Busch....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The Lotte Group has moved to distance itself from reports that it may be interested in acquiring Anheuser-Busch InBev's South Korean brewer....
The final hurdles blocking InBev's acquisition of Anheuser-Busch have been cleared ahead of the deal completion yesterday (18 November)....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets