UK: Whyte & Mackay appoints off-trade sales director
Whyte & Mackay has appointed John Bradbury as the new off-trade sales director, in a move to further strengthen its in-house sales team.
Bradbury will replace Simon Oldham who moves into the UK managing director role.
With ten years of previous experience with Anheuser-Busch, Bradbury worked in several roles before becoming director of sales for the UK off-trade.
Simon Oldham, UK MD of Whyte & Mackay said: "We are delighted to have John on board as not only does he have a fantastic record in implementing and delivering strategies but he is in-tune with what the customer wants which will make him instrumental in the development of our trade marketing plans."
Earlier this month, United Spirits, which acquired Whyte & Mackay last year, said it was looking to launch a locally produced version of Whyte & Mackay whisky in India later this year. The subsidiary of UB Group confirmed the plans, but was unable to give specific dates and details.
Per capita beer consumption in the US last year rose slightly, returning to the same level as 2002, according to recent research....
Coca-Cola has said that it remains hopeful that its US$2.4bn takeover offer Huiyuan Juice Group will be cleared by Chinese authorities before the end of March 2009....
Anheuser-Busch is launching the second wave of a US$50m advertising campaign for its Bud Light brand in the US....
Anheuser-Busch's stake in a brewer in China would appear to be one of the more likely divestments following the US company's sale to InBev last week, according to an analyst....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has lined up a rights issue to help fund the newly-named company's recent acquisition of Anheuser-Busch....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The Lotte Group has moved to distance itself from reports that it may be interested in acquiring Anheuser-Busch InBev's South Korean brewer....
The final hurdles blocking InBev's acquisition of Anheuser-Busch have been cleared ahead of the deal completion yesterday (18 November)....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages