Exclusive - UK: Whyte & Mackay appoints former Diageo exec as CEO
Whyte & Mackay has appointed a new CEO to replace John Beard
Bryan Donaghey, who until earlier this year was MD of Diageo Scotland, started in the role on Monday this week, the Glasgow-based group confirmed today (18 September). Earlier this week, it emerged that Donaghey had quit Diageo.
Donaghey had moved roles to strategy supply director at the global drinks group, after an overhaul of Diageo's UK operations, announced in March. Diageo said this week that Donaghey had “severed” his employment with the company.
He replaces John Beard as W&M's CEO, after Beard's departure was confirmed last month. No explanation was given for Beard leaving the group.
The future ownership of W&M remains in doubt. Earlier this year, Diageo became the major shareholder in W&M's parent company United Spirits. However, the UK's Office of Fair Trading is currently examining the deal in terms of how it will affect competiton in the region. Analysts have speculated that W&M could be sold off.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
India’s largest spirits producer, UB Group’s United Spirits, came under the control of global leader, Diageo, in 2013. The profile analyses the most promising ways forward for United Spirits’ strong d...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global spirits market during January 2014. Summary Using ...
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- US drives Cognac export turnaround - figures
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Corby's FY suffers from US focus
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research