Exclusive - UK: Whyte & Mackay appoints former Diageo exec as CEO
Whyte & Mackay has appointed a new CEO to replace John Beard
Bryan Donaghey, who until earlier this year was MD of Diageo Scotland, started in the role on Monday this week, the Glasgow-based group confirmed today (18 September). Earlier this week, it emerged that Donaghey had quit Diageo.
Donaghey had moved roles to strategy supply director at the global drinks group, after an overhaul of Diageo's UK operations, announced in March. Diageo said this week that Donaghey had “severed” his employment with the company.
He replaces John Beard as W&M's CEO, after Beard's departure was confirmed last month. No explanation was given for Beard leaving the group.
The future ownership of W&M remains in doubt. Earlier this year, Diageo became the major shareholder in W&M's parent company United Spirits. However, the UK's Office of Fair Trading is currently examining the deal in terms of how it will affect competiton in the region. Analysts have speculated that W&M could be sold off.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global spirits market during January 2014. Summary Using ...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global wine market during January 2014. Summary Using thi...
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015