Exclusive - UK: Whyte & Mackay appoints former Diageo exec as CEO
Whyte & Mackay has appointed a new CEO to replace John Beard
Bryan Donaghey, who until earlier this year was MD of Diageo Scotland, started in the role on Monday this week, the Glasgow-based group confirmed today (18 September). Earlier this week, it emerged that Donaghey had quit Diageo.
Donaghey had moved roles to strategy supply director at the global drinks group, after an overhaul of Diageo's UK operations, announced in March. Diageo said this week that Donaghey had “severed” his employment with the company.
He replaces John Beard as W&M's CEO, after Beard's departure was confirmed last month. No explanation was given for Beard leaving the group.
The future ownership of W&M remains in doubt. Earlier this year, Diageo became the major shareholder in W&M's parent company United Spirits. However, the UK's Office of Fair Trading is currently examining the deal in terms of how it will affect competiton in the region. Analysts have speculated that W&M could be sold off.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
India’s largest spirits producer, UB Group’s United Spirits, came under the control of global leader, Diageo, in 2013. The profile analyses the most promising ways forward for United Spirits’ strong d...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review