Exclusive - UK: Whyte & Mackay appoints former Diageo exec as CEO
Whyte & Mackay has appointed a new CEO to replace John Beard
Bryan Donaghey, who until earlier this year was MD of Diageo Scotland, started in the role on Monday this week, the Glasgow-based group confirmed today (18 September). Earlier this week, it emerged that Donaghey had quit Diageo.
Donaghey had moved roles to strategy supply director at the global drinks group, after an overhaul of Diageo's UK operations, announced in March. Diageo said this week that Donaghey had “severed” his employment with the company.
He replaces John Beard as W&M's CEO, after Beard's departure was confirmed last month. No explanation was given for Beard leaving the group.
The future ownership of W&M remains in doubt. Earlier this year, Diageo became the major shareholder in W&M's parent company United Spirits. However, the UK's Office of Fair Trading is currently examining the deal in terms of how it will affect competiton in the region. Analysts have speculated that W&M could be sold off.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
The Emerging 5 Alcoholic drinks industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo H1 sales flatline as Q2 improves
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research