US: Whyte & Mackay aims for sales boost with Blackheath deal
Whyte & Mackay is looking to boost its US performance
Whyte & Mackay has agreed a tie-up with Blackheath Beverage Group to boost sales of its Scotch portfolio in the US.
Blackheath confirmed details of the partnership today (17 June), which will see its sales team "work alongside" Whyte & Mackay's US team. The aim is to "add further impetus" to the growth of W&M's brands in the US, Blackheath said.
"Dalmore and Jura malt whiskies have been on a fast track in an outstanding category," says Jorge Gutierrez, Whyte & Mackay Americas VP.
He added: "Blackheath have put together an experienced, energetic team that we believe will help to increase our market penetration and accelerate the development of our brands in the US market."
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
Whyte & Mackay is owned by United Spirits, but its future ownership has been in doubt since Diageo announced plans to take majority-control of the Indian group. Gruppo Campari has been mentioned as a potential buyer.
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
After a lively year for our industry, Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business takes a look at what the next 12 months could have in store for the beer and spirits categories....
The world’s leading spirits producer, Diageo also ranks 23rd in the global wine market. This profile analyses the role of wine in the company’s wide-ranging alcoholic drinks operations, considering op...
Wine in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). Th...
Alcoholic Drinks in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 201...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018