US: Whyte & Mackay aims for sales boost with Blackheath deal
Whyte & Mackay is looking to boost its US performance
Whyte & Mackay has agreed a tie-up with Blackheath Beverage Group to boost sales of its Scotch portfolio in the US.
Blackheath confirmed details of the partnership today (17 June), which will see its sales team "work alongside" Whyte & Mackay's US team. The aim is to "add further impetus" to the growth of W&M's brands in the US, Blackheath said.
"Dalmore and Jura malt whiskies have been on a fast track in an outstanding category," says Jorge Gutierrez, Whyte & Mackay Americas VP.
He added: "Blackheath have put together an experienced, energetic team that we believe will help to increase our market penetration and accelerate the development of our brands in the US market."
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
Whyte & Mackay is owned by United Spirits, but its future ownership has been in doubt since Diageo announced plans to take majority-control of the Indian group. Gruppo Campari has been mentioned as a potential buyer.
After a lively year for our industry, Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business takes a look at what the next 12 months could have in store for the beer and spirits categories....
Tequila brand Agave Underground is expanding to Canada after signing a distribution deal with Glazer's. ...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015