US: Whyte & Mackay aims for sales boost with Blackheath deal
Whyte & Mackay is looking to boost its US performance
Whyte & Mackay has agreed a tie-up with Blackheath Beverage Group to boost sales of its Scotch portfolio in the US.
Blackheath confirmed details of the partnership today (17 June), which will see its sales team "work alongside" Whyte & Mackay's US team. The aim is to "add further impetus" to the growth of W&M's brands in the US, Blackheath said.
"Dalmore and Jura malt whiskies have been on a fast track in an outstanding category," says Jorge Gutierrez, Whyte & Mackay Americas VP.
He added: "Blackheath have put together an experienced, energetic team that we believe will help to increase our market penetration and accelerate the development of our brands in the US market."
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
Whyte & Mackay is owned by United Spirits, but its future ownership has been in doubt since Diageo announced plans to take majority-control of the Indian group. Gruppo Campari has been mentioned as a potential buyer.
After a lively year for our industry, Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business takes a look at what the next 12 months could have in store for the beer and spirits categories....
Tequila brand Agave Underground is expanding to Canada after signing a distribution deal with Glazer's. ...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends