UK: Whyte and Mackay sales leap
Whyte and Mackay has announced soaring sales in England and Wales, despite the football team it sponsors being at the foot of the Premiership league table. Sales for the period May-August rose by 500% to 240,000 bottles. Last year, for the same period, sales totalled 42,000 bottles.
The whisky distiller credited its shirt sponsorship of Leeds United and distribution deals with the big supermarket chains for the sales growth.
Whyte and Mackay has said it is open to offers for its Invergordon distillery as it continues to restructure its business....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report