UK: Whyte and Mackay launches spoof ads
Whyte and Mackay is launching a new viral advertising campaign today. The Scotch whisky producers have lined up former Scottish footballer Ally McCoist and rugby international Kenny Logan to spoof the recent Adidas adverts featuring David Beckham and Jonny Wilkinson.
The campaign consists of four television adverts in which the two sports stars fail miserably at parading their skills in their particular sports.
Whyte and Mackay is the team sponsor of Leeds United, who currently languish at the foot of the English Premiership.
Earlier this month the company announced a sharp rise in sales of its whisky in England and Wales.
Whyte and Mackay has said it is open to offers for its Invergordon distillery as it continues to restructure its business....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future