UK: Whyte and Mackay appoints senior managers
Sian Marshall joins as brand controller with responsibility for shaping the investment in core brands such as Whyte and Mackay and Vladivar.
Marshall joins Whyte and Mackay from Scottish advertising firm Fauld's where she was group account director overseeing accounts such as The Scottish Executive. Previous to Fauld's, Marshall was with Saatchi and Saatchi, where she joined from a brand management position with Proctor and Gamble.
Jonathan Cleland, meanwhile, has joined Whyte and Mackay as international sales director. Cleland has worked with FMCG companies such as RJR Nabisco and Coca-Cola. Cleland joins Whyte and Mackay from a position selling implementation consulting services to the CEOs of large businesses.
Both Marshall and Cleland will report into brands director Glen Gribbon.
Gribbon said: "We have been very clear in mapping out a future for Whyte and Mackay underpinned by big brands with international scope. To facilitate this we need good, commercially minded, people and it is encouraging to see Sian and Jonathan joining the team. They bring a wealth of experience to their new roles and I look forward to working with them."
Several bidders are in the running for Whyte & Mackay's Invergordon Distillers business and are conducting due diligence on the site, just-drinks understands....
Whyte and Mackay has said it is open to offers for its Invergordon distillery as it continues to restructure its business....
UK spirits group Whyte & Mackay is set to invest GBP100m (US$172.5m) behind a global relaunch of its key brands....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- just Five Years Ago - The Birth of Accolade Wines
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Beam Suntory appoints chief HR officer
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research