ITALY: Wholesalers accuse CCHBC of price discrimination - report
Italian soft drink wholesalers have reportedly accused Coca-Cola HBC's local unit of abusing its position as the distributor of Coke products in central and northern Italy.
Italgrob, which represents 40% of distributors in Italy, has asked the country's competition watchdog to intervene after it said CCHBC had started applying "discriminating conditions of sales (versus) wholesalers", a Dow Jones report said yesterday (9 May).
Coca-Cola HBC Italia officials could not be reached for comment as just-drinks went to press.
In their keenness to explore new flavours and in particular the health properties of exotic ingredients, Annette Farr wonders if soft drinks manufacturers have lost sight of the most basic and vital r...
Dresdner Kleinwort has initiated coverage of Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company....
A director at Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company has resigned....
Wimm-Bill-Dann Foods has appointed two senior directors for its beverage department....
Coca-Cola HBC is to axe 90 jobs in Bulgaria as it restructures its local business ahead of the country's potential accession to the EU next year....
Coca-Cola HBC is planning to build a plant in Northern Ireland in the next stage of its restructuring on both sides of the Irish border....
Strong volume growth in emerging markets and the football World Cup have combined to drive first-half earnings at Coca-Cola HBC....
The Italian subsidiary of Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co. has expanded its plant in the north of the country....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends