EU: WHO slams drinks industry's deliberate marketing to youth
The director general of the World Health Organisation (WHO) today launched a scathing attack on the marketing strategies of Europe's drinks companies, in the opening speech of the WHO European Ministerial Conference on Young People and Alcohol. Dr Gro Harlem Brundtland spoke of her "fury" and "feeling of manipulation" over the "marketing techniques that are being used to introduce alcohol to very young people."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Will Diageo seize the day as "nadir" reached?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Remy Cointreau names liqueurs & spirits CEO