EU: WHO slams drinks industry's deliberate marketing to youth
The director general of the World Health Organisation (WHO) today launched a scathing attack on the marketing strategies of Europe's drinks companies, in the opening speech of the WHO European Ministerial Conference on Young People and Alcohol. Dr Gro Harlem Brundtland spoke of her "fury" and "feeling of manipulation" over the "marketing techniques that are being used to introduce alcohol to very young people."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- C&C Group chairman backs CEO amid turmoil
- Molson Coors acquires Rekorderlig UK rights
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup