USA: Whitman Corporation Earns 22 Cents a Share from Continuing Operations In Second Quarter
Whitman Corporation today reported results for the second quarter and 26 weeks ended July 1, 2000. Reported Second Quarter Results Reported sales totaled $682.6 million, up from sales of $505.2 million reported in the second quarter of 1999.Reported net income was $39.5 million (29 cents per share) in the second quarter compared to a net loss of $37.5 million (33 cents per share) in the second quarter of 1999. The current quarter included income from discontinued operations of $8.9 million (seven cents per share) resulting from insurance settlements for environmental matters related to a former subsidiary, Pneumo Abex, net of certain increased environmental and related accruals. The 1999 second quarter included a number of special charges and a loss from discontinued operations, which reduced 1999 second quarter net income by $60 million (52 cents per share).EBITDA (reported earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization) for the quarter totaled $118.3 million. In the second quarter of 1999, EBITDA, before special charges, totaled $88.5 million.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research