USA: Whitman Corporation Earns 22 Cents a Share from Continuing Operations In Second Quarter
Whitman Corporation today reported results for the second quarter and 26 weeks ended July 1, 2000. Reported Second Quarter Results Reported sales totaled $682.6 million, up from sales of $505.2 million reported in the second quarter of 1999.Reported net income was $39.5 million (29 cents per share) in the second quarter compared to a net loss of $37.5 million (33 cents per share) in the second quarter of 1999. The current quarter included income from discontinued operations of $8.9 million (seven cents per share) resulting from insurance settlements for environmental matters related to a former subsidiary, Pneumo Abex, net of certain increased environmental and related accruals. The 1999 second quarter included a number of special charges and a loss from discontinued operations, which reduced 1999 second quarter net income by $60 million (52 cents per share).EBITDA (reported earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization) for the quarter totaled $118.3 million. In the second quarter of 1999, EBITDA, before special charges, totaled $88.5 million.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits