USA: Whitman Corporation Earns 22 Cents a Share from Continuing Operations In Second Quarter
Whitman Corporation today reported results for the second quarter and 26 weeks ended July 1, 2000. Reported Second Quarter Results Reported sales totaled $682.6 million, up from sales of $505.2 million reported in the second quarter of 1999.Reported net income was $39.5 million (29 cents per share) in the second quarter compared to a net loss of $37.5 million (33 cents per share) in the second quarter of 1999. The current quarter included income from discontinued operations of $8.9 million (seven cents per share) resulting from insurance settlements for environmental matters related to a former subsidiary, Pneumo Abex, net of certain increased environmental and related accruals. The 1999 second quarter included a number of special charges and a loss from discontinued operations, which reduced 1999 second quarter net income by $60 million (52 cents per share).EBITDA (reported earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization) for the quarter totaled $118.3 million. In the second quarter of 1999, EBITDA, before special charges, totaled $88.5 million.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research