USA: Whitman Corporation and PepsiAmericas Announce Merger Agreement
Whitman Corporation (NYSE: WH) and PepsiAmericas (NYSE: PAS), the second and third largest U.S. based Pepsi Bottlers, today announced plans to merge later this year.Under an agreement approved by the companies' boards of directors, PepsiAmericas will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Whitman. The merger is intended to make Whitman a larger, stronger, and more competitive bottler, with annual sales of approximately $3.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- NPD: Alcohol Beverage “Mash-Ups” Fuel Innovation
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post
- Molson Coors CEO to retire
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned