USA: Whitman Corporation and PepsiAmericas Announce Merger Agreement
Whitman Corporation (NYSE: WH) and PepsiAmericas (NYSE: PAS), the second and third largest U.S. based Pepsi Bottlers, today announced plans to merge later this year.Under an agreement approved by the companies' boards of directors, PepsiAmericas will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Whitman. The merger is intended to make Whitman a larger, stronger, and more competitive bottler, with annual sales of approximately $3.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory