USA: Whitman Corporation and PepsiAmericas Announce Merger Agreement
Whitman Corporation (NYSE: WH) and PepsiAmericas (NYSE: PAS), the second and third largest U.S. based Pepsi Bottlers, today announced plans to merge later this year.Under an agreement approved by the companies' boards of directors, PepsiAmericas will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Whitman. The merger is intended to make Whitman a larger, stronger, and more competitive bottler, with annual sales of approximately $3.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- Sustainability in Spirits - Part I
- Will Craft Brewers be Tempted by Private Equity?
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo settles Explorers Club trademark dispute
- A-B InBev shakes up Euro units, UK head steps down
- Bacardi lifts curtain on Bombay Sapphire distiller
- Diageo unveils sixth Johnnie Walker House in Asia