USA: Whitman and PepsiAmericas Served with Complaint on Transaction
Whitman Corporation (NYSE: WH) and PepsiAmericas, Inc. announced today that a purported class action lawsuit has been filed in the Court of Chancery of Delaware (New Castle County, Civil Action No. 18280) with respect to the proposed merger of PepsiAmericas and Whitman Corporation. The complaint, which was filed by a purported stockholder of PepsiAmericas, names PepsiAmericas, the directors of PepsiAmericas, Dakota Holdings, LLC, and Whitman Corporation as defendants.The complaint alleges that the consideration to be paid to the public shareholders of PepsiAmericas in the merger is unfair and inadequate and that the transaction serves the interests of PepsiCo to the detriment of PepsiAmericas' minority public shareholders. The plaintiff seeks, among other things, class action certification, a preliminary and permanent injunction against consummation of the proposed merger, and rescission or damages should the transaction be consummated.Whitman Corporation and PepsiAmericas believe that the allegations contained in the complaint are without merit and intend to vigorously defend the action.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research