US: White Rocket Wine introduce French Maid
White Rocket Wine Company is introducing five varietal wines from the Languedoc region to its line up.
The new French Maid wines from the Napa-based company include Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc.
The wines, created by Melissa Bates and the Bonfils family of Languedoc, are designed to create a new niche for the French category, said vice president of marketing Mark Feinberg.
"Imported wines now account for nearly one-third of the US wine business, an all-time high," Feinberg added. "In 2007, dollar sales of imports rose 9%, outpacing the growth of the total US wine market. As a high-quality, high-value French wine brand, French Maid is destined to charm the Millennial generation consumers who are fast embracing super-premium wines, especially imports, as their beverages of choice."
French Maid will enter the US$12 premium price point market, the company said.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- This week in spirits & wine
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts