US: White Rocket introduces Horse Play to stable
White Rocket Wine Co. has introduced a red wine addition to its portfolio.
The Napa Valley winery said today (10 January) that the wine, named Horse Play Rollicking Red, is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Syrah.
White Rocket vice president of marketing Mark Feinberg said: "We've added a 'frisky' twist to the traditional Meritage recipe of red Bordeaux varieties by blending Syrah with Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot to create a high-spirited, rambunctious red."
Feinberg added that red wine blends, including Meritage-style wines have increased 39% in dollar sales and 30% in volume sales between November 2006 and November last year.
Horse Play Rollicking Red was made by White Rocket winemaker Melissa Bates from grapes grown in Sonoma County and the Central Coast and aged in French and American oak barrels for five months, the company said.
Retailers and restaurateurs can choose from merchandising materials, such as a four-case wine rack for off-trade accounts and 3-litre display bottles for the on-trade. The wine will retail at US$11.99 per 750 ml bottle.
In addition to Horse Play Rollicking Red, White Rocket also markets Automoto, Tin Roof, Camelot, Dog House and Silver Palm.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report