US: White Rocket continues dog charity support
White Rocket Wine Company is re-launching its Dog House line of California wines with a new label and support for Guide Dogs for the Blind.
The company said today (19 June) that, since pledging support for Guide Dogs for the Blind in 2005, Dog House has donated over US$214,000 to the charity.
"Our pet cause at Dog House is raising money for Guide Dogs for the Blind, whose programmes greatly enhance the mobility and quality of life of the blind and visually impaired," said Ryan Kukol, associate brand manager. "Because Guide Dogs for the Blind receives no government funding, it depends entirely upon private donations. Through sales of Dog House wines, we directly aid this worthy group's efforts to improve the lives of thousands of people afflicted by blindness."
With its new label illustration of a dog sitting outside a doghouse, and a suggested retail price of $9.99, Dog House rests squarely within the "adventure brand category", the company said.
White Rocket is supporting the new-package launch of Dog House with point-of-sale materials, including a display rack, case card, bottle neckers and shelf talkers for stores, and waitstaff education and feature cards, logoed corkscrews and 3-litre Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon bottles for restaurants.
The new Dog House package begins shipping this month.
Concern over environmental impacts and the need for functionality have precipitated many notable packaging innovations in the soft drinks arena. Simon Maddrell of Euromonitor International takes a loo...
Coca-Cola North America has added Red Tea Pomegranate Passion Fruit to its line of Nestea ready-to-drink iced teas....
Boisset Family Estates is to export its 2008 Beaujolais Nouveau to the US in plastic bottles....
A global economic downturn and soaring raw materials costs have forced beverage companies to reduce the amount of material used in their packaging, a new report says....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages