UK: TKO: White heat to revolutionise Scotch market
Launched at bar. last week, TKO is "pure and powerful" with 45%volume and, according to spokesperson Tony Arney, is going to be the "new funky stuff" for its younger and more contemporary customer.
Produced by Burn Stewart Distillers, TKO is matured first for more than three years in oak casks and, say TKO sales and marketing, leading barmen from the most fashionable venues in London and New York have come together to create exciting ways to serve TKO, from cocktails to quick fixes, such as TKO Red Sin and TKO Natural Blonde.
There are no plans to develop TKO as an alternative to other leading Scotch brands, but Arney told just-drinks.com that "the launch was a huge success, the feedback we've had has been very good and the star bars have shown a huge interest." TKO retails at £14.99.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future