FRANCE: White Armagnac set to go on sale
A new-style Armagnac will be on offer to consumers in France this year.
French regulatory body the Institut National des Appellations d'Origine (INAO) has given the green light to ten producers to make and to sell white Armagnac.
Some 15,000 bottles, which cost EUR20-25 (US$26-32) for 70cl, will be ready for sale from April in wine shops and restaurants. Labelling will be at the producer's discretion but the bottle will be the same for all.
White armagnac differs in colour and taste from traditional, amber coloured armagnac, because it is not aged in barrels.
The Bureau National Interprofessionnel de l'Armagnac (BNIA) aims to roll out white armagnac to supermarkets next year and reach production of up to 50,000 bottles.
Neither economic gloom nor the presence of an illustrious neighbour appear to be overshadowing Armagnac, France’s less well known brandy denomination. Chris Losh found the region’s producers to be in ...
The news that Yves Bénard is the front-runner for the top job at the INAO is good news for reformers in the French wine industry....
Champagne has a problem very few wine regions currently face. It does not make enough wine to meet demand. Many believe the only way forward is to expand the vineyard area but, writes Chris Losh, expa...
A group of 80 French winemakers yesterday (30 May) occupied the Paris headquarters of French regulatory body INAO (Institut national de l'origine et de la qualité) in protest against its reform of win...
With the latest announcement of the new director of INAO (Institut national de l'origine et de la qualité) as Marion Zalay, all key posts are now filled....
Faced with growing demand and limited supply, Champagne growers are mulling extending the existing production hectarage by just under 10%....
Yves Bénard, general director of the wine and champagne division of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, has today (12 February) been appointed to lead the INAO (Institut National de l'Origine et de la q...
The general director of the wine and Champagne division of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton looks to be the front runner to take charge of the Institut National de l'Origine et de la qualité....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review