UK: Whisky report draws no conclusions on tax burden
A five-month investigation by the UK parliament into whether the Scottish drinks industry is being over-burdened by tax has yielded only a five-page report and no clear recommendations. The Scotch Whisky Association described the failure of the Commons Scottish affairs committee to come to any recommendations as "disappointing" and raised fears that the issue might get lost after the UK general election.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- PepsiCo find stability but Peltz concerns linger
- NPD: Alcohol Beverage “Mash-Ups” Fuel Innovation
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte appoints new CEO
- Molson Coors CEO to retire