UK: Whisky report draws no conclusions on tax burden
A five-month investigation by the UK parliament into whether the Scottish drinks industry is being over-burdened by tax has yielded only a five-page report and no clear recommendations. The Scotch Whisky Association described the failure of the Commons Scottish affairs committee to come to any recommendations as "disappointing" and raised fears that the issue might get lost after the UK general election.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"