Whiskey demand drives Castle Brands full-year
- FY net sales up 25% to US$72.2m
- Operating profits (EBITDA) expected to triple
- Whiskey volumes drive performance
- Vodka volumes dip
- Overall spirits volumes up 9% to 426,340 cases
Castle Brands saw strong growth in rum and Bourbon
A 30% jump in whiskey volumes has boosted full-year sales for New York spirits producer Castle Brands.
The company's core Bourbon, Jefferson's, led the charge, with shipments up 45%. Jefferson's accounted for about 55% of Castle's 109,990 whiskey case sales in the 12 months to the end of March.
Meanwhile, rum volumes jumped by 5% to 180,698 cases as shipments of Goslings Rums in the US increased by 8%. Vodka volumes, however, dropped back by 6% to 43,608 cases.
The performance saw Castle's FY sales climb by 25% to US$72.2m, and the company said EBITDA is expected to at least triple, from US$1.1m in the year prior to be in the range of $3.3m-$3.6m.
Castle Brands did not disclose net profits in yesterday's preliminary results. In last year's fiscal FY results, the company posted a $3.8m loss, down from an $8.9m loss in fiscal 2014.
Sales of Gosling's Stormy Ginger Beer have jumped markedly over the past years. Yesterday's 56% jump to 1.1m cases follows a 67% increase last fiscal year.
Castle Brands' share price jumped 9% yesterday after the release of the preliminary results.
To read the company's full results, click here.
Plimsoll Publishing’s Spirit & Liquor Producers (GLOBAL) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the UK Spirit & Liquor Producers (GLOBAL) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on t...
Castle Brands has tapped its Gosling's rum brand for casks to create an extension of its Jefferson's Bourbon brand....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends