US: Whimsical wines from Canandaigua
Canandaigua is looking to tap into the demand for offbeat-style wines with the launch of a brand called 3 Blind Moose.
The range comprises three super-premium California wines, a Chardonnay, a Merlot and a Cabernet Sauvignon, packaged as the company puts it, "with a dash of whimsy." All three are vintage-dated blends from California's Central Coast and Lodi regions, with a suggested retail price of US$9.99 for a 75cl bottle.
Canandaigua, part of the Constellation Wines group, is aiming 3 Blind Moose at the growing 'non-traditional' segment of the US wine market which now accounts for more than 25% of all super-premium wine sales. Consumers of these wines, typically in the 25-to-34-year-old age range, are looking for wines with a less stuffy image and are drawn to products brands with unusual names and labelling.
"The wine industry has discovered that 25-to-34-year-olds are actually more willing than 35-to-54-year-olds to pay premium and super-premium wine prices," said Gary Glass, Canandaigua's vice president of marketing. "However, they eschew traditional wine pomp and formality in favour of brands that take a casual, gently irreverent approach to wine. These consumers are a natural audience for 3 Blind moose."
A consortium led by Constellation Brands has made a tentative approach for Allied Domecq....
The Board of Directors of Constellation Brands, Inc. has declared a quarterly dividend on the company's 5.75% Series A Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock, payable on 1 June, to shareholders of reco...
Constellation is expected to launch a counter-bid for Allied Domecq by the end of this month, according to press reports....
The Hardy Wine Company has posted a record grape harvest....
Constellation Brands is to launch a new Australian wine brand onto the US market through its North Lake Wines. The wine will be called Kelly's Revenge....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
This weekend's press reports have thrown up two other interested parties in the potential Allied Domecq carve-up....
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits