US: Whaler’s Rum redesigns labels
Heaven Hill Distilleries has redesigned its labelling for its Whaler's Hawaiian-style rum line.
The company said today (2 July) that it will keep the graphics for the flavours: Vanille, Killer Coconut, Pineapple Paradise and Big Island Banana, but plans to give a more traditional style to the flavours: Spiced, Original Dark, Great White and Rare Reserve Dark.
Whaler's Rum brand manager Reid Hafer said: "We felt it was important to transition to a more classic rum look for the traditional Whaler's styles. However, the labels for the rum flavours retain the brilliant Hawaiian graphics that helped make the brand an eye-catcher on the shelf."
Heaven Hill recently acquired the Mohawk domestic distilled spirits portfolio in the US.
Last month, the company said that the purchase, from Boisset America, should strengthen Heaven Hill's relationships in Michigan, Texas, Louisiana, Wisconsin and New York with the addition of the Mohawk and Newport franchises, Basilica
Pernod Ricard's Malibu-Kahlua unit has launched a global advertising campaign for its Malibu rum brand....
While it may be acceptable for people to be a little vague about their age, Chris Losh believes loose terminology about age on bottles of wine or spirits is deliberately misleading consumers, and shou...
The new rules covering spirits in the European Union have come into effect this week, with the change being described by one trade body as "a good compromise"....
The Pink Spirits Co. has unveiled a new website in an effort to reach the consumer ahead of a portfolio expansion next year....
The Swedish government has begun the auction process for state-owned Vin & Sprit by contacting a wealth of interested bidders....
The Swedish government has decided to sell Vin & Sprit by auction, with cash appearing to be the deciding factor....
Cockspur rum has finalised a GBP1m (US$2.1m) three-year marketing deal with English Test cricket grounds....
Angostura Holdings has made a friendly bid for a major stake in the parent company of rum producer Wray & Nephew....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future