UK: Weymss Malts brings in new sales manager
Karlsson joins Weymss from Campbelltown's Springbank Distillers
Scotch whisky bottler, Wemyss Malts, has appointed a new regional sales manager.
Jenny Karlsson replaces Susan Colville and will cover all its markets, excluding North America, a Wemyss Malts spokesperson told just-drinks. Colville, who worked at Wemyss for two-and-a-half years, left the company last month to become European brand development manager with The Glenglassaugh Distillery Company in Speyside.
Sweden-born Karlsson studied brewing, distilling and food technology at Heriot Watt University in Edinburgh and in 2010 joined Campbelltown's Springbank Distillers in sales and marketing. She started her new role on 28 May.
Edinburgh-based Wemyss Malts is a sister company of Wemyss. The parent company's other brands are Darnley’s View Spiced Gin, Rimauresq Cru Classe and Fonty's Pool.
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India