UK: Weymss Malts brings in new sales manager
Karlsson joins Weymss from Campbelltown's Springbank Distillers
Scotch whisky bottler, Wemyss Malts, has appointed a new regional sales manager.
Jenny Karlsson replaces Susan Colville and will cover all its markets, excluding North America, a Wemyss Malts spokesperson told just-drinks. Colville, who worked at Wemyss for two-and-a-half years, left the company last month to become European brand development manager with The Glenglassaugh Distillery Company in Speyside.
Sweden-born Karlsson studied brewing, distilling and food technology at Heriot Watt University in Edinburgh and in 2010 joined Campbelltown's Springbank Distillers in sales and marketing. She started her new role on 28 May.
Edinburgh-based Wemyss Malts is a sister company of Wemyss. The parent company's other brands are Darnley’s View Spiced Gin, Rimauresq Cru Classe and Fonty's Pool.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future