US: Wet Planet Beverages gives energy category another Jolt
Wet Planet Beverages, which launched its Jolt brand into the energy drinks category in the 80s, has introduced an extended energy shot which purportedly offers the consumer over six hours of energy.
The US-company said yesterday (8 January), that the new sugar-free drink, The Jolt Endurance Shot, contains a mix of amino acids, electrolytes, vitamins, enzymes and caffeine.
Wet Planet Beverages president CJ Rapp said: "Jolt is not just a means to an end. You no longer have to suffer through the taste to get the desired affect. The Jolt Endurance Shot delivers an enjoyable, effective, and long lasting energy experience."
Jolt Endurance Shots will retail at approximately US$2.49 for 2oz single bottles, with twin packs and merchandising shippers also available.
Coca-Cola North America is introducing a new "energy" coffee line to its Full Throttle range to be rolled out in the US this month....
Dr Pepper Snapple Group is to open a production and distribution centre in California in a bid to support the growth of its soft drink and non-carbonated beverage brands....
Canadian energy drinks producer Leading Brands has received a Nasdaq Staff Deficiency Letter, warning that the bid price of its common shares had closed below $1.00 per share, a minimum requirement fo...
US residents have adapted their drinking routines to include more diverse products, according to the Beverage Marketing Corporation....
AG Barr has reported a slight lift in sales for the first 13 weeks of its current financial year....
Leading Brands has posted a slip in sales and a rise in net losses for its latest fiscal year....
Boo Koo Holdings has secured distribution in the southern US with Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated for its BooKoo Burner+ soft drink....
Danone has denied reports it is to scrap its V energy drink after reports this week that the beverage and food giant was axing it as a result of the product's flagging performance....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018