Westons' craft ciders - Product Launch
Westons craft ciders
Westons' craft ciders
Category - Cider, 4% abv except Caple Rd No 5, which is 5% abv
Available - From this month
Location - UK
Price - RRP GBP2.20 (US$2.90)
Westons has launched a range of craft ciders in cans as it looks to add value to the category in the UK.
The range includes Caple Rd No 5, Rosie's Pig Handbrake Cloudy Cider with Damson, Rosie's Pig Flat Tyre Cloudy Cider with Rhubarb and Pure Hopped.
Pure Hopped is a collaboration between Westons and Purity Brewing Co. The product is a blend of apple cider and hops.
Caple Rd No 5 and the Rosie's Pig ciders launched in the on-premise earlier this year. They will now roll out to the off-premise. Pure Hopped is launching for the first time in both on-and off-premise.
All of the ciders are packaged in 33cl cans.
"Our category insight showed that craft cider is the second biggest trend in the on-trade at the moment and following the successful launch of our Rhubarb and Damson flavoured cloudy ciders under our Rosie's Pig brand in the on-trade market we have now launched them in the timely format of the 330ml can," said craft collection brand manager Tess Holden. "When looking at innovation, growing the cider category is a priority for Westons and it's also high on our customers' agendas."
Cans continue to be a popular format to illustrate craft credentials. Last month, Scottish brewer Harviestoun joined the craft beer trend for cans as it rolled out some key lines in the format.
Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
The Ready To Drink (RTD) or mixed drinks category added 20.2m cases in 2014 to reach 388.5m cases, up from just under 319m cases in 2010, representing a healthy compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5...read more
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Global Travel Retail - What is the Grey Market?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne