Product Launch - UK: Westons Cider's Henry Westons Family Reserve and Country Perry
Click through to view Henry Westons Family Reserve and Country Perry
Westons Cider's Henry Westons Family Reserve and Country Perry
Category - Cider, draught, 5% and 4.5% abv
Available - From next month
Location - UK, on-trade
Price - SRP of about GBP3.20 (US$4.85)
Distribution - Westons Cider
Westons Cider is launching its Henry Westons brand on draught in the UK after it said it has seen increasing on-trade demand.
Henry Westons Family Reserve and Country Perry will be the first draught products in the Henry Westons range, the company said. Family Reserve and Country Perry will not be available in bottles, a Westons spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks today (31 May).
Around 3,000 more UK pubs now stock a “traditional cider” than a year ago, Westons said, citing CGA figures from March.
This month, Westons said it is cutting the abv of its Wyld Wood organic classic cider and still cider.
Henry Westons to Launch as a Traditional Hand Pulled Draught Range
May 30th 2013
Westons Cider’s flagship traditional bottled cider brand Henry Westons, will now be available in pubs and bars as a hand pulled draught cider.
Westons Cider, with a long established history of producing the finest quality cider, is launching to the on-trade two new cider varieties in the Henry Westons range – Henry Westons Family Reserve and Henry Westons Country Perry – in order to meet the growing surge of interest in traditional tastes by cider drinkers, as well as bar managers who are increasingly demanding premiumisation, variety and provenance in their cider offering.
Crafted in Herefordshire, the two new on-trade ciders will be made using the unique Westons cider making techniques established by Henry Weston himself.
Henry Westons Family Reserve (5% ABV) is a tantalising smooth, mellow cider. Its apple finish leaves a mature refreshing taste of bittersweet apples on the palate, while Henry Westons Country Perry (4.5% ABV) is slowly matured to develop an exquisite, floral, delicate and light fruity character.
According to recent CGA research (March 2013) the market is buoyant, with the Traditional Draught Cider category seeing volume growth in the last quarter of over17%. 2975 more pubs now stock a Traditional Cider than a year ago and pubs which have added a traditional draught cider have seen rate of sale uplifts of 4.2% year on year across the cider category
Ian Lewis, Head of Marketing comments “Our own research confirms that consumer interest in traditional ciders is gathering apace and the addition of these two new ciders, we believe, will create interest in the on trade offer - appealing to the cider drinker seeking a premium quality drink, with a distinct heritage, provenance and taste. “
Both ciders will be available to the on trade from the beginning of June.
Original source: Company Release
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report