UK: Westons Cider unveils Henry Westons summer ad push
The ad will in the UK this summer
Westons Cider is giving its “vintage” brand Henry Westons a push with the launch of a new UK ad campaign.
The initiative, starting in June, will include adverts in broadsheet newspapers and online for the 8.2% abv cider, the company said today (5 April). The ad will also feature at next month's Cheltenham Jazz Festival and in supermarkets.
The campaign aims to bring the character of Henry Weston to life, the company said, taking inspiration from Monty Python's Flying Circus and Heath Robinson.
“Henry Westons has been made in the same way for 130 years and this new design reflects our ethos of respecting tradition and how important it is for us to continue to make cider in the traditional way,” added Ian Lewis, Westons' marketing head.
A company spokesperson declined to reveal the total spend on the campaign.
The brand was first launched in 1991 and is available in the UK on- and off-trade.
Earlier this week, analysts at UBS released their latest 'Beeronomics' research note, looking at the global beer landscape. Here, courtesy of UBS, is a breakdown of the top 25 beer markets around the ...
Comprising of textual analysis and data tables, this in-depth and exclusive country report from Canadean provides a comprehensive view of the cider industry structure including analysis and profiles o...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research