UK: Westons Cider unveils Henry Westons summer ad push
The ad will in the UK this summer
Westons Cider is giving its “vintage” brand Henry Westons a push with the launch of a new UK ad campaign.
The initiative, starting in June, will include adverts in broadsheet newspapers and online for the 8.2% abv cider, the company said today (5 April). The ad will also feature at next month's Cheltenham Jazz Festival and in supermarkets.
The campaign aims to bring the character of Henry Weston to life, the company said, taking inspiration from Monty Python's Flying Circus and Heath Robinson.
“Henry Westons has been made in the same way for 130 years and this new design reflects our ethos of respecting tradition and how important it is for us to continue to make cider in the traditional way,” added Ian Lewis, Westons' marketing head.
A company spokesperson declined to reveal the total spend on the campaign.
The brand was first launched in 1991 and is available in the UK on- and off-trade.
Earlier this week, analysts at UBS released their latest 'Beeronomics' research note, looking at the global beer landscape. Here, courtesy of UBS, is a breakdown of the top 25 beer markets around the ...
Heineken, the world’s third largest brewer and leading cider producer, continued its aggressive acquisitive expansion in 2012 with the purchase of Asia Pacific Breweries. This profile considers the ex...
Heineken is making efforts to improve its business in the key US market and support sluggish consumption through product innovation, including Indio in June 2012 and Amstel Wheat and Tecate Michelada ...
Comprising of textual analysis and data tables, this in-depth and exclusive country report from Canadean provides a comprehensive view of the cider industry structure including analysis and profiles o...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages