UK: Westons Cider unveils Henry Westons summer ad push
The ad will in the UK this summer
Westons Cider is giving its “vintage” brand Henry Westons a push with the launch of a new UK ad campaign.
The initiative, starting in June, will include adverts in broadsheet newspapers and online for the 8.2% abv cider, the company said today (5 April). The ad will also feature at next month's Cheltenham Jazz Festival and in supermarkets.
The campaign aims to bring the character of Henry Weston to life, the company said, taking inspiration from Monty Python's Flying Circus and Heath Robinson.
“Henry Westons has been made in the same way for 130 years and this new design reflects our ethos of respecting tradition and how important it is for us to continue to make cider in the traditional way,” added Ian Lewis, Westons' marketing head.
A company spokesperson declined to reveal the total spend on the campaign.
The brand was first launched in 1991 and is available in the UK on- and off-trade.
Earlier this week, analysts at UBS released their latest 'Beeronomics' research note, looking at the global beer landscape. Here, courtesy of UBS, is a breakdown of the top 25 beer markets around the ...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015