UK: Westons Cider seals official England cricket status for Stowford Press
Stowford Press will be the official cider of the ECB for the three years
Westons Cider has teamed up with the England and Wales Cricket Board through its Stowford Press cider brand.
The privately-owned company announced earlier this week that it is set to embark on the biggest single marketing activity it has participated in, which will see Stowford Press become ‘Official Cider of England Cricket'. While financial details of the tie-up were not disclosed, Westons did say that the brand will hold the official status for the next three years.
The agreement will see Westons promote Stowford Press at all England’s home international matches, as well as “undertake a range of wider commercial activity to maximise the sponsorship”.
“The Westons Cider ethos centres around tradition, quality and heritage and with cricket being deeply rooted in England’s sporting history, we feel the association sits perfectly,” said Westons' MD, Helen Thomas.
The sponsorship will kick in in May, when England play the West Indies at Lord's, and will run until the end of the 2014 home international season.
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign