UK: Westons Cider launches GBP5m marketing push
Westons has lined up a campaign for 2013
Westons Cider has lined up a GBP5m (US$7.5m) marketing campaign as competition in the UK cider sector heats up.
The spend, Westons' biggest, includes a debut TV ad for its core Stowford Press brand, the Herefordshire company said yesterday (12 March). The TV ad will run alongside coverage of The Ashes cricket test match series, which starts in July.
Last year, Westons signed a three-year sponsorship deal with the English Cricket Board and is a co-sponsor of The Ashes through the Stowford brand.
Westons brands Henry Westons, Wyld Wood and Old Rosie will also be supported in the campaign with press advertising, sponsorship deals, pack promotions, competitions and other activities, Westons said.
“This is an exciting year,” Westons head of marketing Ian Lewis said.
Westons is not the only UK cider maker ramping up activity ahead of the summer. This month Heineken announced a “multi-million pound” TV advertising campaign around its Bulmers cider brand in the UK, while Carlsberg has upgraded its Northampton brewery site to double bottling capacity of brands including newly-launched cider Somersby.
UK deliveries of Heineken and Britvic brands could be affected by a 24-hour strike by workers at logistics firm Kuehne + Nagel, according to trade union Unite....
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- A-B InBev embroiled in Caribbean "poison-pill" row
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts