UK: Weston prepares on-trade cider innovation
H. Weston & Sons has unveiled a new innovation for the on-trade cider category in the UK.
The family-owned company said yesterday (4 March) that it has signed a three-year agreement with IMI Cornelius to roll out nationwide Westons Premium Cider with Cider Ice. The premium, destination cider builds on the growth of 'Extra Cold' beverages and is designed to "reinvigorate the imagination" of 'over ice' consumers, the company said.
The cider is served using a two-part pour, whereby two-thirds of a pint of extra cold cider is initially dispensed and then topped with a cider ice head.
"This product has no added water, just pure cider ice," said Roger Jackson, Westons commercial director. "This means that there is no question of dilution to lessen the flavour and no oversized glassware is needed to serve it.
"Like other Westons products, it is well matured to deliver a rich, smooth taste bursting with natural apple flavour and is a really exciting addition to our range."
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends