Product Launch - UK: Weston Cider's Rosie's Pig
Click through to view an image of the product
Westons Cider's Rosie's Pig
Category - cider, cloudy, draught, 4.8% abv
Available - From June
Location - UK, on-trade
Price - Dependent on outlet
Distribution - Westons Cider
Herefordshire-based cidermaker Westons is to launch a new lower abv version of its cloudy cider Old Rosie, called Rosie's Pig.
The 4.8% draught cider is being introduced in the UK on-trade in June, after Westsons said research showed there is room for an "entry-point" cloudy cider. "Consumers want to take the step from premium mainstream ciders, but there's a gap in the market for a product that introduces consumers to the cloudy cider category," a spokesperson said.
At a briefing in London earlier this week, Westons' commercial director Roger Jackson said the company is looking at the export opportunity in China, but that Australia remains its sole focus for overseas business.
Last year, the company updated its pacakging for Old Rosie.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends